CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 9, 2008

LAGOON - July 2008

Right after the July Convention in Layton, Utah we went to Lagoon for 2 days. It was the first time we had been together as a family in almost 4 weeks...boy did it seem like a l-o-n-g time! We all had a great time in Lagoon just being together, laughing, having fun and GETTING WET!
One funny thing that happened while we were there was when Greg Sr went with the older kids on a ride and Cinthanie and I stayed in the kids section with Maxwell and Hinckley. Max and Hinck came off of a ride and Hinckley told me they were going to go on a ride that was just next to the one they had gotten off of. I told them to go get in line and gathered up the stroller and Cinthanie and went over to the next ride. But Hinckley and Max were NOT there! Cinthanie and I looked all over but Hinck and Max were no where to be found! I tried to keep cool and not jump to conclusions, but after searching for a few minutes (it seemed like hours) I decided it was time to get help and called Greg on the cell phone (that was a very difficult phone call for me. How do you tell your husband you have lost your children?!!) and went to file a missing children report! While I was in the office filling out the paperwork (yup, you have to waste time filling out paperwork when your child is missing and you want them found NOW!) Greg called and said he had found them. I started crying, dropped the pen and left the office as fast as I could!
When Hinckley told me that he and Maxwell were going on the next ride I misunderstood what he was telling me and THOUGHT he said they were going on the ride right next to me but he actually told me they were going on a ride that was quite a ways away. I didn't realize this and told them to go ahead! When we all got together again I told Hinckley, "If you ever get lost like that again, tell someone who works here that you are lost and tell them my name and Dad's name and they will find us." Hinckley just looked at me and said, "But mom, we weren't lost, we knew where we were!" LOL! They didn't even KNOW they were "lost" and we were looking for them frantically! I started to tell Hinckley never to wander off like that again, but it then donned on me that this was MY mistake, not Hinckley's! He had told me where they were going and I had said yes! Boy, I learned very quickly that I need to slow down and LISTEN to what my kids are saying...ALWAYS! After it was all over Hinckley said, "Ya know mom, when you said we could go ride the ride alone, Max and I got in line and the worker didn't ask us where our mom was and we were all alone and I thought, "We're by ourselves, no mom to tell us what to do, we can do what we want, THIS IS THE LIFE!" What a little toad! I thanked my Heavenly Father from the bottom of my heart that day that HE watched over my boys and kept them safe when I made a mistake and I also thanked Him for such wonderful, independent little boys! And, I try not to tell them what to so often anymore, although I am sooooo good at it! Ha! Ha!
Ultimately we all had a wonderful time and are looking forward to returning next summer!
Here is a slide show of some of our fun pictures from Lagoon -

0 comments: